Saturday, February 13, 2010

First day of Summer Season 2010

What a beautiful day! Not only was it a beautiful day weather-wise [oh, you know, just another typical Southern California Winter day :) ] but I got to spend some quality time with some of my favorite people! That would be the San Fernando Valley Marathon TEAM (Team in Training) which benefits the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS.) It was a little bit chilly at first but by the end of practice I had shed some layers and was glad I decided to wear one of my running skirts. Yes, you read that correctly... I run in skirts! It's the cutting edge of running fashion. Running may not be glamorous but it doesn't mean you can't look cute along the way. I'm the Mission Captain & the Social Captain for the season so it gives me an excuse to plan social events and interact with all my teammates. I'm also mentoring 4 participants and am also fundraising this season! What can I say... staying busy keeps me out of trouble.

I'm so grateful to be able to honor friends who have battled a blood cancer or who are continuing the daily fight. This season I am dedicating my fundraising efforts to honor my dear friends and running partners Kelley Coco Last and Peter Valk. I also run in memory of a few people who unfortunately have lost their battle. That is why TEAM in Training is SO amazing we literally get to save lives one mile at a time! I am inspired and humbled by all of our honorees, they are all truly Incredible Individuals. Earlier this year, we were told that LLS had raised over a billion dollars and I am proud to say that I am one of 42,000 participants who has crossed a finish line for the cause! Please join me in the fight to help find a cure for blood cancers. Every dollar gets us that much closer to a cure. Thank you in advance for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment