Sunday, January 31, 2010

What a great weekend!

Saturday I ran 15 miles as part of my prep for the LA Marathon... I was a bit concerned because I haven't been keeping up with my midweek training and I've been at this long enough to know it was going to be a rough morning. Fortunately, three fellow RACERS and the TNT SFV spring team were training at the park as well so I wasn't alone for the 3.5ish hours.

After the run, I went to book club. I LOVE book club!!! The members are some of the most amazing women I've met and I was invited to join 5 years ago by a member who I trained with for my first marathon.

Then I treated myself to a hot stone massage which was AWESOME and ended a long day by sharing dinner with another fellow runner and close friend.

Sunday I was up early to help Kelley with a yard sale fundraiser. All proceeds from the sale benefit the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund Clinic. We had a lot of fun and raised over $200!!! http://kelocity.com/2010/01/31/10-years-ago-today/ I'm so blessed to have Kelley as a friend and to have been able to share today with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment